AIGAC Releases 2018 MBA Applicant Survey: Great Expectations
The 2018 MBA Applicant Survey, released today by the Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants (AIGAC), confirms the great expectations candidates bring to the admissions process.
On one hand, they continue to expect a lot from business schools:
- They are eager for status updates throughout the application process – “The application process is stressful enough already.”
- They seek greater transparency around waitlist decisions – “I feel like they have forgotten about me.”
- They desire feedback following an unsuccessful application – “I just want to know if I came close, or if I shouldn’t bother applying again.”
On the other hand, candidates also have high expectations of admissions consultants:
- A consultant is often a candidate’s first source of information and plays a role in setting expectations for the admissions process.
- Candidates value consultant advice on preparing the best application.
- They look to consultants to gain a sense of satisfaction and achievement.
It is apparent that candidate expectations continue to be shaped by many sources, beginning online. Click here to read more and download the 2018 survey results.
The AIGAC Conference Experience – Hear & Read more
Listen to AIGAC member Maria Wich-Vila tell you what the AIGAC conference means to her!
To say that the AIGAC conference exceeded my expectations is an understatement. I literally have used something I learned from the conference just about EVERY DAY since in my work with my clients and colleagues at Stratus Admissions Counseling. One of the biggest benefits is just having such a deeper understanding of the “culture” and “fit” at each program we visited. They were all amazing programs, but it was clear to me that each has a distinct “personality.” As consultants, we help our clients by sharing these insights and encouraging them to go beyond the surface in discovering these nuances for themselves. (full text here)
Find Your Admissions Consultant:
|The Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants (AIGAC) provides insight and transparency into the graduate admissions process and promotes ethical standards and professional development among our members and stakeholders worldwide. Our membership is comprised of over 180 representatives from 16 countries, including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Ukraine and the United States. Search now for an admissions consultant!