2017 Annual Conference: Sessions and Schedule
Welcome to the AIGAC Conference Sessions and Schedule page! As our conference approaches, we are receiving more exiting details on the sessions and daily schedules. Stay tuned for updates as more information becomes available.
- Sunday, June 18 – Beginning around 6:00pm we will have a New Member Reception followed by Welcome Reception for all attendees & school representatives; Graduate Berkeley (formerly the Hotel Durant)
- Monday, June 19 – All Schools Day, hosted by Berkeley Haas. Evening dinner details are forthcoming. Tentative schedule is as follows:
- 8:00am – 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:30 Welcome (President, Conference Chair, Berkeley Haas)
- 9:30am – 10:15am – Survey Analysis
Expect aggregated feedback from an anticipated 3,000+ survey participants to reveal new insights into applicants trends and relationships between students and schools.
- 10:15am – 11:30am – Breakout #1 – Principles
- 11:30am – 12:15pm – Global Career Mobility
Discussion to include where are people going career-wise, shifts in trends, 5 years ago to today to future outlook, how do members handle recruiting internationally, etc.
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm – Visas
Discussion to include what to anticipate with changes, are there things that we should be counseling students not to do or things that aren’t possible currently, 5 years ago to today to future outlook, etc.
- 2:00pm – 3:15 pm – Breakout #2 – Interactive case studies
- 3:15pm – 4:00pm – New Tools for Evaluation
Discussion to include how creative presentation components bringing value and how are they re-shaping the landscape of the application process
- 4:00 – 4:30pm – Close out, announce 2018
- 4:30pm – 7:30pm – Reception
- Tuesday, June 20 – Berkeley Haas morning tour and programming. After lunch we will turn to AIGAC Afternoon with professional development programming. Attendees should plan to be engaged in the conference until 5 or 6pm.
- Wednesday, June 21 – We will travel by motorcoach from the Graduate Berkeley (formerly the Hotel Durant) first thing in the morning for a full day of programming. First, we will head into San Francisco to visit the Wharton | San Francisco campus and then head south to Palo Alto to hear from the Stanford MSx program team and see the campus. From Stanford the motorcoach will continue south towards LA, with an overnight stay at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo. During registration you will be able to choose either private or shared accomodations.
For attendees not wishing to continue south on the motorcoach, you will need to arrange your own travel plans from Stanford’s campus to the Los Angeles area by 2pm on Thursday – you can easily fly out of SFO or SJC.
- Thursday, June 22 – Attendees will hop back on our motorcoach in San Luis Obispo to head south to arrive in southern California by 2pm. Afternoon tours and programming are being finalized, along with evening dinner details.
- Friday, June 23 – 9:00am – 2:00pm tour and presentations at UCLA Anderson.
This year’s conference promises to bring exciting sessions content which will enable us consultants and our admissions colleagues to dialogue as a group about the impact of recent worldwide social, economic, technological and political shifts on our industry and profession! This year, Breakout Sessions, an annual conference favorite will be returning – and there will be plenty of time for frank, respectful conversations between us consultants and admissions colleagues to learn from each other. Stay tuned for more sessions and schedule information!