2017 Annual Conference: Things to Know
The AIGAC Conference is designed to increase your professional resources and contacts, as well as to keep you updated on the latest trends and changes in the graduate application process. Our members have said that our conference is like a family reunion because you develop such a great network of colleagues with whom you can share your experiences and learn. Each spring, our conference provides a chance to re-energize with peers before returning to the trenches of the application season.
What does the agenda look like?
We have commitments from several schools for the following:
Sunday, June 18 – Beginning around 6:00pm we will have a New Member Reception followed by Welcome Reception for all attendees & school representatives; Hotel Durant
Monday, June 19 – All Schools Day, hosted by Berkeley Haas. Evening dinner details are forthcoming.
Tuesday, June 20 – Berkeley Haas morning tour and programming. After lunch we will turn to AIGAC Afternoon with professional development programming. Attendees should plan to be engaged in the conference until 5 or 6pm.
Wednesday, June 21 – We will travel by motorcoach from the Hotel Durant first thing in the morning for a full day of programming. First, we will head into San Francisco to visit the Wharton | San Francisco campus and then head south to Palo Alto to hear from the Stanford MSx program team and see the campus. From Stanford the motorcoach will continue south towards LA, with an overnight stay at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo. During registration you will be able to choose either private or shared accomodations.
For attendees not wishing to continue south on the motorcoach, you will need to arrange your own travel plans from Stanford’s campus to the Los Angeles area by 2pm on Thursday – you can easily fly out of SFO or SJC.
- Thursday, June 22 – Attendees will hop back on our motorcoach in San Luis Obispo to head south to arrive in southern California by 2pm. Afternoon tours and programming are being finalized, along with evening dinner details.
Friday, June 23 – Morning tour and presentations at UCLA Anderson.
- Throughout the first quarter of 2017 we will be developing our curriculum and programming, with the aim of sharing a detailed agenda by April!
How much is registration and how do I register?
To register please visit our members-only area, you will need your username and password.
AIGAC’s Annual Conference is a members-only event. Anyone interested in attending who is not a current member should ensure they apply for membership at least 6 weeks (May 1, 2017) prior to the conference.
- Regular Registration (register between February 18 – June 2, 2017):
$895 no accommodations in San Luis Obispo, $995** shared room in San Luis Obispo, $1095** private room in San Luis Obispo
Are you considering flying or not sure if you will take the motorcoach with us down to Southern California? Go ahead and register early with the no accommodations option now to take advantage of the savings. Then if you change your mind, you can contact AIGAC HQ later and we will work with you to secure accommodations in San Luis Obispo – we can’t guarantee that we will be able to secure accommodations at the same low rate of $100 – $200/night …however we may still have room in our block or will work to secure the best available rate.
*New Organization Members – From February 18 – June 2 will receive $100 off registration packages.
** Based on space availability, cost of overnight stay may increase and will be confirmed within 7 business days of registration.
AIGAC Conference Registration: Cancellation – Refunds
- All cancellations must be received in writing to AIGAC in order to be processed. Cancellation requests may be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Cancellation requests received by AIGAC prior to March 31, 2017, will be refunded for the full registration fee paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received by AIGAC on or after April 1, 2017, and no later than April 31, 2017, will be refunded at one-half the total registration fee paid plus the $50 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be available for cancellations after Monday, May 1, 2017, or for no-shows.
What is included in registration?
All Schools Day – Admissions Directors and Department Leaders are invited to join the conference to provide insight into their individual school admissions processes as well as into overall trends or changes they see shaping applications. This day offers a high degree of interaction between our members and the schools, with breakouts sessions in small groups for more in-depth and personal conversations.
AIGAC Afternoon Professional Development – This half-day of sessions features a curriculum covering aspects of our business. Sessions may include topics such as client management, time management, and breakouts by size or genre of company, among others. Members share with each other in highly interactive conversations.
- School Tours – We plan to have 4 – 5 individual school tours and programming presentations. These give you additional time to get to know the schools and their admissions teams, and in some cases, to gain insight from current students or alumni. Berkeley Haas, Wharton | San Francisco, Stanford MSx & UCLA are currently confirmed, and one additional southern California school in the planning stages.
- Transportation – Wednesday morning we will have a motorcoach from the Hotel Durant to take us to Wharton | San Francisco and Stanford MSx in northern California and then continue down to southern California with an overnight stay in San Luis Obispo on the way.
- Lodging – Lodging at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo on Wednesday, June 21 for our trip to southern California is an optional add-on during the registration process. All other lodging is at your discretion, please see our lodging page for recommendations.
- Networking – We will have a welcome reception with cash bar Sunday, June 18, and dinners on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings where we will host the dinner, beer, wine, and nonalcoholic beverages. During the course of the conference, there may be other meetups as well that are less formal and are pay on your own.
What should I wear?
Most of our attendees wear business casual attire to our day programs. We do plan to have one evening event at an upscale restaurant.
Men usually wear business shirts (no ties) and khaki or dress pants
Women usually wear trousers/
knee-length skirts and a blouse or shirt with a collar or a professional dress.
- For our time in northern California, bring layers for comfort, as the Bay Area can range from cold to hot on a daily basis. As the old saying goes, “if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes.”
❻ AIGAC 2017 California Conference Update ▸ #AIGAC17