- What is the membership application review procedure?
- Will references be contacted?
- What happens if an application is not approved? Are the pre-paid dues refunded?
- What happens when my application is approved?
- Will the information I submit and the fact that I applied be confidential?
- Who can display the Stamp of Excellence and when?
- Can new members participate? How?
- What is the membership application review procedure? The Membership Committee will review the application, bio/resume and reference’s response to AIGAC’s questionnaire along with publicly available information about the applicant to evaluate whether the applicant adheres to AIGAC’s Principles of Good Practice. Based on the review, the Committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Board will make the final decision to offer or deny membership in AIGAC.
- Will references be contacted? Yes. References will receive a questionnaire. The Membership Committee will review their responses to the questionnaire. The Committee may follow up the review with a phone call.
- What happens if an application is not approved? Are the pre-paid dues refunded? If an application for membership is denied, an email is sent to the applicant providing notification of the decision. 100% of the pre-paid dues are refunded.
- What happens when my application is approved? When an applicant is approved for membership, he/she will receive a welcome letter, the Stamp of Excellence, an invitation to join AIGAC’s private LinkedIn group, and an invitation to take an active role in AIGAC’s committees.
- Will the information I submit and the fact that I applied be confidential? Application information is accessible only to AIGAC’s Membership Committee, Board of Directors, and staff. If your application is approved, your information will be added to the searchable membership directory unless you ask for your contact information to remain confidential.
- Who can display the Stamp of Excellence and when? Any member in good standing. Membership is by organization and therefore the stamp of excellence may be displayed by the organization and its consultants. The stamp may be displayed on your website, email signatures and marketing material as long as your organizations membership is current.
- Can new members participate? How? Yes! You can get involved in AIGAC’s committees (Communications, Events, Governance, and Membership). You can participate in our consultant members-only LinkedIn Group. You can submit posts for the AIGAC blog and monthly e-newsletter. You can come to our events. You can network with other members. You have many opportunities to contribute to AIGAC.